Organizing your gear is essential for a successful performance. As the popular quote states - “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” - Benjamin Franklin.
Gear organization is as simple as making sure all of your equipment is clean, functional, and accounted for. As well as having secondary gear to use in the event that your primary gear malfunctions or comes up missing.
For some people, just getting everything organized and prepared for a day of play is just as fulfilling as stepping onto the field.
Create a gear bag checklist to help you build a standard routine for packing and to also reduce the chance of leaving anything you need behind. There is a lot of gear involved with playing paintball so make sure you have a large gear bag like the Virtue High-Roller.
- Compression Gear
- Knee Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Pack + Pods
- Head gear (beanie / head tie/wrap)
- Primary Marker
- Secondary (backup) Marker
- Barrel / Inserts
- Barrel Cover
- Barrel Swabs
- Speed Feed
- Tank/Regulator Air System
- Tank Cover
- Spare Parts
After Game Gear
- Change of clothes
- Cleaning towel / spray
- Water bottle + Snacks
- Change of Socks
- Change of Shoes/Sandals
*Make sure to always use your checklist and to pack your gear bag while checking off items so you do not leave a checked off item behind.
Some key things to consider when packing your gear.
- Check the weather if you are traveling to play.
- Pack according to the game style you are going to play. A scenario game, 10 man tournament, & Speedball tournament are all going to require different items.
- Communicate with your teammates to see if anyone needs to borrow anything before you leave for the event.
- Charge any of your equipment, for instance, the Virtue N-Charge and always pack the charging cords.
Have fun and stay prepared.